Want to learn what people really think about your brand? Focus group discussions bring out detailed and honest reactions in a relaxed setting.
Focus groups offer great flexibility in that they can cover a wide range of topics in a variety of settings with a diverse set of individuals. Discussions typically last an hour or two. Those who participate are asked a series of questions regarding a product or service, or they are asked to try the it.
Focus groups can be conducted at your location or at a research facility, using a group that you assemble or a group we recruit, among other variables. If the discussion is conducted from a research facility, you can see reactions from behind a two-way mirror.
- Provide information on how groups perceive a particular product, service or topic
- Provide greater insight into why certain opinions are held
- Improve the planning and design of new programs
- Provide a means of evaluating existing programs
- Provide insights for developing strategies for outreach
- Group dynamics reveal verbal and non-verbal differences of opinion as participants interact with and respond to others in a group
- Direct interaction with participants allows for clarification, follow-up questions and probing
- Responding in their own words, participants reveal deeper levels of meaning allowing us to make important connections and identify subtle nuances